The most refrigerators available in India are single door refrigerators, double door refrigerators, french door fridges, etc. Here are the top picks of the best refrigerators available in the Indian market.
No more worrying about your food being spoiled. Bring refrigerators to your house.
It is essential to store the food items for a longer time and to keep them fresh with this busy lifestyle.
The first refrigerator/fridge for the home purpose was invented in 1913. Over a period of time, they became the necessity for each and every home.
Initially, the refrigerator with the basic provision of storing foodstuff was invented.
With the growing technology and with the increase in demand for more features in refrigerators, different features are included
We have a wide range of refrigerators available in the Indian market that can help to store your food items like veggies to meat and also provide chilled water and ice cubes.
Are you still worried about how it really helps and what are the necessary things to consider while buying a refrigerator?
Now, this article helps you to know better about different types of refrigerators, why is a refrigerator necessary, maintenance tips, how a fridge works and our 10 best picks as well as few FAQs
Deals/Offers: Take a Look at the Best Deals Available on Amazon Today
How Refrigerator works?
A refrigerator works with the simple technique of removing heat from the food items placed inside the fridge and making them cool.
In this process, so many parts or components are involved.
A refrigerator includes a compressor, heat exchange coils- one inside and another outside, expansion valve and a refrigerant (a gas that helps in cooling).
When you place a food item inside the fridge, the inside coil absorbs or removes heat from the food item, and the refrigerant flows to the compressor.
Heat gas is sent to the external coil, and after that, the gas flows back to the expansion valve.
After the gas reaches the expansion valve due to the pressure drop, it becomes cool gas.
This cool gas is sent inside the fridge by eliminating the heat from the food items.
Thus, the process repeats to keeps the food items fresh and cool.
Why Refrigerator is necessary?
The refrigerator helps in keeping the food items fresh for a longer period of time.
It aids the bacteria to develop gradually. Rather if you place the same glass of milk in the refrigerator, it will last for at least a week.
And, the refrigerator helps in obtaining chilled water, ice cubes easily.
Ice cubes can be obtained from the freezer. Additionally, the refrigerator helps in stocking the beverages you needed.
Now, with the fridge, you can easily have your beverage even at midnight and not necessary to rush at stores to have it.
To keep all your necessary food items fresh you need a fridge, and it helps in reducing the hot temperature or room temperature into cool or cold temperatures.
The cool temperature around your food items in the fridge makes to stay fresh for a longer period of time.
At any point in time if the refrigerant or coolant does not work or compressor does not work, then the food items placed in the refrigerator won’t stay fresh for a longer duration of time.
Cleaning And Maintenance of Refrigerator
Always clean inside of the refrigerator weekly.
Use a damp cloth to wipe the shelves, front door, and top, sides of the fridge, leaving the backside of the fridge.
And If the shelves can be removed for washing, then wash them thoroughly.
The cleaner your refrigerator is it works better. Defrost is one main feature to be considered while cleaning.
If your fridge has the feature of auto-defrost, then defrosting will be taken care of by your fridge.
For every 8 to 10 hours, your fridge heats up coiling coils to eliminate the accumulated frost.
Alternatively, for a manual defrost, you need to unplug and allow the frost to melt out completely
Some fridges come with an option of melting the frost on pressing a button.
Gaskets that seal the door must be cleaned on a regular basis and ensure that it is not loose.
Clean the external coils yearly once to remove dust or dirt.
The coils must be neat for the proper flow of the gas, and it becomes hard to eliminate the heat and provide cool gas.
The water filtration system must be replaced as per the expiry date.
And for buying the ideal refrigerator you can refer our list of best refrigerators in India 2020 as it contains refrigerators that require less maintenance.
- Never place warm food item or warm milk in the fridge as it takes more compressor running time
- Allow the food items to obtain room temperature before placing them in the refrigerator
- Always clean your fridge on a regular basis.
- When the bulb inside needs to be replaced do it instantly.
- Never open the door for a longer duration of time.
- Finally, maintain proper temperature settings as per the weather outside
Types of Refrigerators
Top Freezer Refrigerator
It is the traditional fridge with the top portion of the fridge. And It is dedicated to the freezer compartment.
They are more energy-efficient as compared to the bottom freezer fridge.
Also, top-freezer refrigerators are cheaper and economical to run.
Additionally, it is the most common easily available fridge.
And, the top-freezer fridge is easy to access and convenient to use.
A top-freezer refrigerator includes a double door, one door for the freezer compartment and another for the storage compartment.
The top-freezer fridge does not have more features.
And, the top-freezer fridges have less stylish looks to other fridges.
If you are more concerned about your electricity bill, then a top-freezer fridge is ideal.
And, it is best for a smaller family.
Having said that, you can refer our list of best refrigerators in India 2020 as it contains some of the best top freezer refrigerators.
Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
The bottom-freezer fridge is expensive than a top-freezer fridge, and also less range of products are available in the market.
A bottom freezer refrigerator has double door one for bottom freezer compartment and other for the storage compartment.
And, they are less efficient compared to the top-freezer fridge.
The major advantage of having a bottom-freezer fridge is the storage part meets the eye level, and you do not need to bend while picking the items.
The side-by-side fridge has both the storage and freezer compartment of the same height and side-by-side.
They provide easy accessibility of picking the stored items either from the storage or freezer compartment.
Still, they are not considered as efficient as other fridges.
Generally, a side-by-side fridge has additional water or the ice dispenser.
Some of them are designed in such a way by providing user interface panel.
And, the side-by-side fridge is slim when compared to traditional models.
The doors open from the center rather than by sidewards.
It is not mandatory that the side-by-side fridge has equal space allocated for the storage and freezer compartment.
It varies depending on the design and brand of the fridge.
Some fridge comes with equal space for storage and freezer while some fridge comes with little extra space for storage than the freezer.
French Door Refrigerator
French door fridges are gaining more popularity in the modern kitchen.
They have a lot of space for storage and a freezer compartment.
It is the combination of a bottom freezer fridge and side-by-side fridge.
They may or may not be having water or ice dispenser at the front, and it completely depends on the design of the fridge.
Additionally, some of the french door fridges will be having doors even at the bottom end instead of a drawer.
And, they provide the flexibility of adjustable shelves or flip-up shelves.
And now, you can open only one door of the storage compartment instead of two doors.
A French door fridge is versatile and expensive as compared to other fridges.
And, they are space-efficient and energy-efficient.
A counter-depth fridge is a shallow fridge and fits exactly in the kitchen.
A counter-depth refrigerator requires an inch space around the fridge for not to overheat.
They are ideal for kitchens as they occupy less space.
Counter-depth fridges vary only in size but not in style or design.
And, they are slim when compared to standard-depth fridges.
The height, depth, and width will vary from model to model.
However, a counter-depth fridge may provide the features of the french-door or bottom freezer or side-by-side fridge.
With that, these refrigerators provide an integrated look to your kitchen.
Mini Refrigerator or Under-Counter Refrigerator
The mini fridges are ideal for the bedroom or for small spaces or small apartments or offices.
They have lower storage capacity, and many use this fridge as an additional storage fridge.
And, very rare mini-fridges have the feature of the freezer compartment.
This mini refrigerator can also be used for storing snacks or beverages.
The mini-fridge is easy to transport and cost less as compared to other fridges.
If you are leaving alone in an apartment and space is less, then the mini-fridge is ideal to purchase.
Having said that, mini-refrigerators are considered as the best refrigerators due to their compact size.
Single Door/Freezer Less Refrigerator
A single door or freezer less refrigerator does not have a separate compartment for the freezer.
These fridges are best for people who look for less frozen foods.
And, this fridge is for people who bring their groceries regularly.
As the name suggests, this fridge has a single door and space is provided for both freezer and storage in one place.
Additionally, the single door fridge is an efficient fridge and is ideal for small kitchen space or a small family.
In our list of best refrigerators in India 2020, you will find the best single door refrigerator for your home.
Deals/Offers: Take a Look at the Best Deals Available on Amazon Today
Top 5 Best refrigerators in India 2020
1. Haier 320L 3 Star Double Door Refrigerator
Haier 320 L 3 Star Double Door Refrigerator is the best refrigerator in India.
Haier Group Corporation was founded in 1984. It is a Chinese multinational electronics and home appliances company.
It is one of the leading home appliance companies with innovative technology products.
Their consumer products include a washing machine, air conditioner, refrigerator, water heaters, TV, microwave ovens.
And commercial products include commercial air conditioning and freezers.
This Haier bottom mount fridge has 360 degrees cooling technology. And it comes with toughened glass shelves and twin twist tray for ice.
Additionally, the fridge is stabilizer-free and works well, even during power fluctuations. Now, a new LED light is provided that provides brightness in the whole fridge.
- The capacity of the double door fridge is 320L
- Can obtain ice within an hour
- Bottom mount freezer reduces bending by 90%
- Even during a power cut, the cooling is provided until 10 hours
- It has a 3-star energy efficiency rating
- Spacious freezer compartment and storage compartment
- Comes with a good finishing
- Its Led light provides clear visibility
- With the help of bottle guard, you can store cans and big bottles easily
- Quality of the vegetable container is not good
2. LG 668L Side-by-Side Refrigerator
LG 668L Side-by-Side Refrigerator is the second-best refrigerator in India.
LG Electronics is a leading multinational company founded in the year 1958.
Home entertainment, home appliances, mobile communications, and air solutions, vehicle components are their business units.
Their wide range of quality products includes monitors, mobiles, washing machines, microwave ovens, and much more.
Now, you can control your refrigerator with LG smartThinQ from anywhere. The frost-free side-by-side door-in-door fridge has the 668L capacity.
Now, you can have ice cubes or chilled water or crushed ice with the separate water/ice dispenser.
Sleek mirrored glass helps to see the items inside the refrigerator by not opening it.
And its digital sensors help in keeping the optimum temperature in the fridge, and when the warmer temperature is noticed, the fridge doors are opened automatically.
- The product comes with a one year warranty and ten years compressor warranty
- Frost-free side by side door in door fridge has 668L capacity
- Refrigerator try to be odor free with a 5-step antibacterial deodorization
- Inverter linear compressor helps in decreasing the noise level and saves the energy
- Separate ice and water dispenser is provided
- Quick freezing option with continuous compressor operation
- For a proper cooling airflow multi cooling vents are provided
- LG smartThinQ app lets you control your fridge from the phone itself.
- Spacious storage to store all kinds of veggies and fruits.
- It offers Cubed ice and crushed ice in less amount of time.
- Without actually opening the door, you can easily see the items with Instaview door-in-door.
- Its sleek mirrored glass illuminates when it is knocked twice
- There are no cons
3. BPL 564 L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator
BPL 564 L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator is the third-best refrigerator in India.
BPL was established in the year 1963. In starting, they manufactured electrocardiograph machines and panel meters.
Later in the year 1990, they provided televisions, refrigerators, washing machines with high quality. In the year 2013, BPL started home automation.
This company is constantly providing high-quality products with new technology. BPL frost-free refrigerator comes with a touch button panel that helps in controlling the temperature.
It has a silent operation technology that helps in functioning quietly. A water dispenser is provided to have chilled water without opening the door of the fridge.
This BPL fridge comes with well-organized door pockets and spacious drawers to store food.
- BPL frost-free side-by-side fridge has the capacity of 564L
- It comes with quick cool technology where the food items cool faster and last long
- The quick-freeze technology allows you to enjoy ice cubes within a shorter duration of time
- Now, you can control and access temperature settings with the help of intelligent LED touch button
- Every shelf is provided with vents that allow air-flow accurately and evenly
- Pull-out drawers are provided to store more amount of vegetables or fruits
- The product comes with a 1-year warranty and 5-year compressor warranty
- Lots of space for the efficient organization of food items, ideal for a large family of 5-6 members
- Good lighting inside the refrigerator easy to spot anything inside.
- Noise level is very less letting you sleep in peace at night.
- Toughened glass shelves are included to bear the good weight
- Some customers have stated that there was some problem with water dispenser
4. Godrej 311L 3 Star Double Door Refrigerator
Godrej 311L 3 Star Double Door Refrigerator is the fourth-best refrigerator in India.
They introduced the first lock with lever technology. Also, they were the first to produce safe lockers.
Their operations are in different sectors like appliances, industrial engineering, agricultural products, consumer products, and more.
Their first refrigerator was manufactured in 1958. The 3-star rating top freezer refrigerator is well-designed. It has a capacity of 311L.
The energy-efficient fridge comes with a user manual and warranty card.
- The product comes with a 1-year warranty and a 10-year compressor warranty
- The capacity of the refrigerator is 311L
- The frost-free double door fridge comes with a warranty card and user manual
- It has toughened glass shelves that can be adjusted as per your requirement
- Separate freezer compartment
- Product is worth for money
- Quick access well-designed pockets on the door
- Finishing of the product is good
- It is ideal for a family with 4-5 members
- Not available in many designs or colors.
5. Whirlpool 240L Frost Free Multi-Door Refrigerator
Whirlpool 240 L Frost Free Multi-Door Refrigerator is the fifth-best refrigerator in India.
In India Whirlpool entered the year 1980. Whirlpool is popular worldwide and is widespread across the globe.
It is the leading marketer and manufacturer. And it is the American multinational company and founded in the year 1911.
Their products include dishwashers, air purifiers, washing machines, small appliances, and much more.
The multi-door frost-free fridge prevents excessive ripening of vegetables and fruits with zeolite technology.
Moisture retention technology and air booster system helps in the proper flow of cool air and keeping each compartment with appropriate cooling.
And for long life protection, additional Microblock technology is used.
- The frost-free defrosting system does not build up any ice
- It claims that the fridge consumes less electricity than CFL
- The capacity of the refrigerator is 240L
- Well organized storage and freezer compartments with separate doors
- Zeolite Technology Prevents excessive ripening of vegetables and fruits maintaining the freshness
- The refrigerator has toughened adjustable glass shelves
- Exclusive bottom drawer for vegetables and fruits
- It has an air booster system that helps to provide uniform cooling and flow of cool air in each compartment
- MicroBlock Technology A special anti-microbial additive helps in preventing 99.9% microbes
- Power consumption is less means less electricity bill.
- Excellent finishing and built quality
- Vegetable and fruit shelf drips more water
- A user experienced some sound from the motor
Buying Guide For Refrigerators
How to choose a refrigerator?
With so many options present in the market, it is difficult to select a single product.
However, with some knowledge on which factors to consider for analysis, you can invest in the best one.
In the below-buying guide for refrigerators, we have provided all the information required to make an informed decision.
The foremost factor to consider while purchasing a refrigerator is capacity.
Actually it relies on the user’s eating habits and family size. Below is a table representing suitable capacities based on family size.
2. Types of Refrigerators
As we have seen, several types of refrigerators are available in the market.
A single door fridge is best if the size of the family is two.
If you are looking for a separate freezer compartment, then double door fridge serves the purpose.
Having said that, we have a top freezer compartment fridge and bottom freezer compartment fridge. The top freezer fridge is the traditional fridge.
While a bottom freezer is best if you don’t like to bend each time you pick a vegetable from the fridge.
And, side-by-side fridge, french bottom mount fridge, multi-door fridge, door-in-door fridge are gaining more popularity.
Each type of refrigerator has its own advantage and serves its purpose.
However, the type of refrigerator you choose must match your daily using needs.
After capacity and type, the next factor to consider is the size – does your kitchen has enough space to place the refrigerator.
When it comes to opening the fridge, it doesn’t require to go beyond 90 degrees for removing vegetables or other items.
So while checking out space, make sure you have an extra space to open the refrigerator door easily beyond 90 degrees.
Based on capacities and types, refrigerators vary in length, width and depth. So, make sure your choice matches the space (be it kitchen or dining).
For that to happen, we recommend to measure out the area (l, b, w) and then select the appropriate one.
While measuring, make sure to leave at least 1-inch clearance around the sides, especially at the back for good air circulation.
And finally, make sure that the refrigerator fits through the doorways.
4. Inverter Technology
Inverter technology works on the basic rule of optimizing the compressor unit’s power.
In general refrigerators, compressors generally go for on or off position at regular intervals.
This process actually leads to more electricity usage as the compressor works at a uniform speed.
However, with inverter technology, the compressor will operate at different speed levels to provide the required output based on cooling requirements.
And when the temperature falls below the set levels, the inverter will switch the compressor to a lower capacity.
But the compressor will go back to work at maximum capacity when the cooling is required.
With the inverter technology, you can save up to 20–30% percent electricity consumption.
Even in stable temperatures, you can still save up to 20 – 40% of electricity.
Based on defrosting types, refrigerators are divided into two types – direct cool and frost-free. Let’s look at these types in detail below…
a. Direct Cool Defrosting Technology
This technology generates coolness by using the natural convection process.
And uses natural cool air circulation throughout the appliance.
Thus, you cannot regulate the temperature distribution inside the refrigerator.
This leads to non-uniform cooling and this in turn, leads to the accumulation of frost.
And the freezers have to be defrosted on a regular basis to avoid ice accumulation.
Refrigerators with this technology come only in single doors.
They need less electricity, running and maintenance are much cheaper.
If you have a limited budget or need only a small capacity refrigerator, then this is the right choice.
b. Frost Free Refrigerator
Contrary to the above one, this refrigerator has a defrost cycle that works at regular intervals to remove frost or prevent frost accumulation. Almost all the modern refrigerators in the Indian market have frost-free functions.
This unique technology provides a balanced distribution of cool air around the refrigerator using special electric fans.
This technology is available on double-door, side-by-side and triple door fridges.
They consume more power than the other one.
However, they have a longer life. It is perfectly suitable for households where there is a frequent need for refrigeration.
6. Energy Efficiency
The energy efficiency of a refrigerator is calculated based on electricity consumption.
And BEE energy star rating of a refrigerator gives a clear idea of the power consumption.
BEE is a government certified agency that provides star energy rating to home and kitchen appliances.
The ratings are in the form of stars with a 5-star rating being the most efficient.
However, it doesn’t represent quality. Energy-efficient fridges can be an expensive investment.
However, if you consider maintenance charges over a period, then they are much beneficial. Even inverter models are considered more effective.
For more detailed information on how much energy a refrigerator consumes, read this article.
The next important factor to look into is the design of the refrigerator.
And check out the shelving inside – whether you can easily fit 2-liter bottles if the shelves are adjustable, can you spare space for taller vessels and if the space is manageable for your requirements.
Some modern refrigerators come with special design features like separate space for medicines, beauty products, and moveable ice trays.
8. Fresh Features
When it comes to preserving cooked food, optimal cooling may be sufficient. But it may or may not be enough for fresh vegetables and fruits.
Lack of moisture is the major reason for this situation. And when it comes to vegetables developing fungus and rotting, this is caused due to excess moisture.
So, it is very important to maintain the right amount of humidity inside the refrigerator to prolong the life of food ingredients.
Most of the lower end fridges have a vegetable box with no features that control the moisture.
This is perfectly suitable enough for bachelors who don’t cook a lot and mainly use a refrigerator for storing leftover food.
If you store fresh produce and meats a lot, then we recommend checking out the moisture control vent option.
And if the vegetables are getting damp, then open the moisture vent to let out the dampness. If the product is getting dry, then close the vent.
Some brands like Haier provide special arrangements like Vitamin C filters to prevent oxidation and sterilizes the air in order to slow down the ripening process. And Whirlpool brand uses ionizer to achieve the same.
Most of the refrigerators in India have an anti-bacterial system which prevents any bacterial growth.
Whirlpool manufacturers have developed a special material called Microblock for their refrigerator which reduces contamination and bacterial growth as well.
9. Conversion Facility
Modern refrigerators come with an innovative feature known as Conversion.
This conversion facility allows converting the freezer into the fridge as per the requirement.
It helps you to increase the storage capacity of the refrigerator.
However, this feature is not suitable for the non-veg consuming population. As they may need freezer space to store meat or other non-veg stuff.
10. Handling Power Cuts
Some high-end refrigerators come with new technology that enables them to maintain the food produce fresh even during the power cut (ranging from 2 to 7 hours).
However, fridges with the feature can be expensive.
11. Eco-Friendly Refrigerators
Due to global warming issues, most of the refrigerator manufacturers are turning towards developing appliance with eco-friendly features.
Following the same, some brands have included R600A or R-134 as an alternative for CFC refrigerant (known for greenhouse emissions).
12. Temperature Controls
Choose a refrigerator that comes with two separate temperature controls for the food compartment and freezer individually.
With single control, these two sections may not function to their fullest potential.
This feature helps to avoid placing vegetables and fruits in plastic storage bags. And to maintain the produce crisp and fresh, the compartment has to be sealed properly.
Moreover, crisper should be easily removable for cleaning purposes. If you have to store a significant amount of food, then you will need more than one crisper.
An ideal crisper is at least 45cm wide to store large vegetables sufficiently.
Some Additional Features
14. Double Door Action
This innovative feature lets you view the inside of the refrigerator without opening the door.
An opaque glass front panel present in front will light up whenever you wish to peek inside.
Some high-end refrigerators come with indicators that notify the users with a beeping sound if the refrigerator is kept open for a longer period of time.
16. Built-In Voltage Stabilizer
Voltage fluctuations can have a bad impact on the compressor. So, to protect the refrigerator from voltage fluctuations, it is better to have a voltage stabilizer.
Apart from external, having an in-built voltage stabilizer will extend the fridge life.
17. Cool Pack
If you live in an area where power cuts are normal, then having a cool pack can be beneficial.
The cooling gel present in this part of the refrigerator maintains cool air within for long periods of time.
18. Quick-Freeze Compartment
This feature is for those people who want ice quickly and frequently.
They help you store fruits and vegetables in separate sections for better organization.
This feature helps to eliminate any particular odors emitting from food.
It uses powerful filters to remove the odor and maintain fresh air within the refrigerator.
Some refrigerator can produce a lot of buzzing noise that can be quite irritating.
And an ideal refrigerator will not make any disturbing noises.
On average, noise levels produced by refrigerators range from 30 –47dB.
Actually, 40dB levels and more are considered to be noisy.
22. Build Quality
When it comes to building quality, stainless steel refrigerators are more durable, maintain and last for a very long time.
They will also save you from unnecessary expenditures over time. However, they are quite costlier.
23. Door Handles
The position of handles is also an important factor to consider.
They should not present too high or too low. And they should help you open the doors comfortably and efficiently.
24. Adjustable Shelves
In accommodating more stuff, having an adjustable shelves feature is beneficial.
These adjustable shelves should be easy to slide and flip vertically from hinges for creating more customized space.
25. Air Filtration
In order to maintain interiors of refrigerator fresh, it contains a built-in carbon filter that is capable of absorbing bad odors.
Well, buying a refrigerator is not a small investment. Before even checking out the factors, we recommend setting a budget range.
And this will let you choose the best possible option without letting you spend a fortune.
Warranty represents a product’s durability and quality.
A refrigerator with a long duration of warranty ensures it will operate efficiently without any hassles until that specified time.
High-end models offer warranty ranging from 5-10 years on the compressor and product as well. And with that, the basic models provide limited warranty services.
28. Customer Service
Another critical and important factor to consider is how good is the after-sales service. Make sure to choose a brand with a reputation for providing good customer service.
Generally, a well-reputed and established brand will have a good customer service, credible warranty and guaranteed service policy.
And all the refrigerator brands in our list of best refrigerators in India 2020 provides good customer support
How long does a refrigerator last?
The lifespan of a fridge varies depending on performance, reliability, and usage.
Usually, a refrigerator lasts 10 – 15 years. Having said that, this may reduce if you don’t maintain it properly.
How to Improve Refrigerator Efficiency?
- It is better to avoid heat exposure or direct sunlight. Keeping a fridge away from dishwashers, heat vents, sunlight can help to reduce the compressor usage.
- Never refrigerate leftover food or hot dishes. Make sure the dishes are cooled properly and covered before storing them in the fridge. This will reduce the heat inside, which ultimately lets the compressor run less.
- Opening the refrigerator or freezer frequently can reduce its efficiency. It is better to use in-door ice and water.
- Adjusting the temperatures has also been an amazing way to increase the efficiency of the compressor. You can adjust the temperature between 36 to 38 degrees Fahrenheit for refrigerator and for the freezer it has to be between 0 to 5 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature range is available as a mid-point setting.
- The organization really does the trick when it comes to increasing efficiency. And if the items are organized properly, you will spend less time accessing them – which reduces door-open time, saving energy.
- Avoid placing cereal boxes, serving dishes, bread and other stuff on the refrigerator. These items can trap the heat inside the appliance, making the compressor work overtime.
- While purchasing the ideal refrigerator for your home kindly refer to our list of best refrigerators in India 2020 as it contains refrigerators that are having higher efficiency.
How to Increase the Lifespan of a Refrigerator?
- We recommend you to avoid using abrasive things to clean the shelves, drawers, and doors of a refrigerator. And it is better to use a soft wet cloth, a little baking soda, and mild detergent if required.
- Make sure the food is not crammed in the fridge. Make sure there is enough space for proper air circulation both in refrigeration areas and freezer.
- Clean the door seals regularly with water and mild soap. This prevents any accumulation of grime, mold, and dirt.
- And check if the refrigerator door closes properly. For testing purposes, you can just slip a piece of paper when the fridge is closed. And if the paper falls, then replace the seals immediately.
- To prevent any formation of mold or mildew, wipe the exteriors and interiors with white vinegar. After a few minutes, wipe them with a clean damp cloth and dry thoroughly.
- Cleaning the coils regularly is also very important. For that, unplug the refrigerator and gently clear off the dust. If you are not aware of the condenser coil placement, then just read the user’s manual.
- Having said that, you can refer our list of best refrigerators in India 2020 as it contains some of the best refrigerators that have a long lifespan
Most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some of the most frequent questions that a buyer asks while choosing the best refrigerators in India:
1. Is it ok to buy a refrigerator online?
If you are worried about this thing, then you don’t have to anymore. It is completely safe to purchase a refrigerator online.
And moreover, you can also avail of some amazing benefits like exchange and discounts without even bargaining.
To make sure you invest money safely, we recommend purchasing only in Amazon, Flipkart or Assured Seller.
2. Which refrigerator brand is best in India?
Some of the well-known brands providing efficient refrigerators in India are Samsung, Godrej, L.G., Whirlpool, BPL, and Haier.
3. How long does a refrigerator last?
Most of the high-end refrigerators have a lifespan of 18 –20 years while some of them will last for 12 –13 years.
However, cheaper models will last for not more than one year. However, this range may decrease or increase depending on the maintenance and care taken.
4. How to identify if a fridge is going bad?
One of the most common signs that indicate compressor going bad is –not cooling at optimum levels.
Other obvious signs include –frost build-up, the motor being hotter than normal, water leakage, suddenly making more noises, worn-out wires, the compressor doesn’t trip once it reaches the optimum point, consumes more energy than normal, unable to form ice and if the fridge is more than 10 to 13 years.
5. Why is my refrigerator making loud noise suddenly?
This situation occurs only when the condenser fan motor malfunctions. So consult a professional to get a check-up for your refrigerator.
6. Does fridge size have any effect on electricity consumption?
Yes, fridge size has a direct impact on power consumption. For example, if you purchase a 5-star rated refrigerator of 260L and compare it with 5-star rated 180L fridge.
The lesser capacity fridge will consume 70 to 80 units less power than the higher capacity ones.
And it is important to understand that a refrigerator provides complete value for money when they run at full capacity.
Hence, understand your capacities and choose a model carefully to save your money.
Also read: Best Window AC in India 
Also read: Best AC in India 
Also read: Best Inverter AC in India 2020
Also Read: AC Repairing
If you have come to the end part of this article, then you are definitely planning for a refrigerator.
I hope this article has provided some good information and useful information for you. After comprehensive research, we have chosen LG knock and see the fridge as the best refrigerator in India with all the exciting features.
And if you are looking for a fridge where you can store your stuff in an organized way, then a multi-door Whirlpool refrigerator is the ideal one.
Lazy to bend for picking the veggies then Haier 320L bottom freezer fridge serves the purpose. Additionally, this fridge has a child lock facility that helps when kids are around.
Your family size is small, and if you bring your veggies every two days, then a basic fridge from whirlpool is the ideal one.